Sunday, September 8, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 102

I'm excited to be participating in my first Freshly Made Sketches card challenge since starting up this new blog!  


Here's my take on the sketch:






Whenever I've made Halloween cards in the past, I've always gravitated towards a scarier, busier-looking card, but for this 'fresh' challenge, I aimed for a cleaner, cuter look.  


The banner and web were cut from glittered, patterned paper by K & Company.  And no, that web was not cut with a die -I painstakingly cut it out with my trusty Cutter Bee.  I thought it would add more interest by allowing the background to show through. It still looked a little plain, so I used baker's twine to extend the web further.  I finished it off with a cute little spider button and sentiment, which I just may end up changing to reflect my nephew's birthday, which happens to be on Halloween day :o)


Thanks for looking!


Supplies Used:
Paper:  K & Company
Stamps: CTMH 'Thriller'
Embellishments:  CTMH baker's twine; Versamark; Stampendous black embossing powder; spider button & ribbon from my stash
Other: Cutter Bee; 3-D foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so cool and so clever! The twine on the web is genius! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love how you used the twine! Very clever! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!