Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mojo Monday 309 & The Paper Players 161

I had so much fun participating in last week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge, here I am again with another entry!  This week's sketch:


My card also qualifies for this week's fall-themed challenge at The Paper Players:


With the kids back in school, I'm considering summer officially over and I'm beginning to set my mind into 'fall' mode.  I figured, what better way to do this than to have some fun creating a fall-themed card:













When I was going through my stamp sets, Verve's circular Christmas ornament stamp ironically stood out as an obvious choice to use as a backdrop for the sentiment.  I started out with the intention of a creating a clean and simple card, but I quickly realized that I couldn't resist the urge to distress, especially with the idea in my mind of 'crinkled' autumn-coloured fallen leaves.  Speaking of which, to achieve a similar effect, I stamped and cut out various leaves in different colours, curled the ends, layered/scattered them on one of the panels, and then framed it with burlap ribbon.  I eventually managed to tie in some clean lines with the chevron patterned paper and circular sentiment. I finished it off with some felt pumpkin ribbon and some copper leaves to add a rustic feel.




Thanks for taking a look!

Supplies Used:
Paper: scraps; CTMH Colonial White, Cocoa, Bamboo; Recollections patterned
Stamps: Verve "Amazing Wishes" & "Ornamental Christmas"; CTMH "Summer's Wave"
Inks: CTMH Autumn Terracotta, Cocoa, Chocolate
Embellishments: Recollections pumpkin ribbon; CTMH burlap ribbon, copper leaves
Other:  Fiskars Circle Cutter

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous leaves and I LOVE your background panels, especially the burlap! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kathy! I'm honoured that you included my card among the other fabulous creations you chose this week!

      Delete
  3. Tania, I just love all of the awesome layers on your card! The burlap adds fabulous texture, too. Everything about your card says "fall"! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!