Saturday, October 12, 2013

Quilled Pointsettia - Freshly Made Sketches 107

Phew! I didn't think I'd be able to make a card in time to qualify for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge - but in between preparing some Thanksgiving dishes to bring over to my parents' today, I actually accomplished just that! When I saw the sketch that Jennifer created, I KNEW I wanted to play along:


I had been wanting to make a quilled pointsettia for the last little while, and thought that this sketch would work well with what I had in mind.  Here's my card:


Here's a photo with the sun on a different angle:


I used stamp sets from Verve for the sentiment (Ornamental Christmas) as well as CTMH for the border (Simple Memories), which I heat embossed using CTMH gold embossing powder.  The gold pearls in the centre of the pointsettia and the gold glitter accents in the corners are from Recollections, as is the paper. 

Thanks for visiting and...
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!





3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your quilled poinsettia is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Tania. What an amazing amount of work has gone into this fab poinsettia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! After getting the hang of it, it doesn't take as long as it looks-and is a lot of fun to do!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!