Saturday, September 27, 2014

Halloween Birthday Card

Here I go again taking The Diva Dare from Verve!  My Terrific Trios this time are the 3 inks I chose to sponge on the card, more specifically, on the cupcake (the background used four).  I had never intended to use this cute cupcake stamp set (one of Verve's latest releases) for a masculine card when I ordered it, but hey, boys love cupcakes too!  My nephew's birthday falls on Halloween and this year he's turning the big one-oh.  
I used the emboss/resist technique to create the background and the cupcake frosting:  The background was made using a chevron stencil - I heat embossed with Versamark & black embossing powder, then sponged on the different colours.  The cupcake was stamped with Versamark, then also sponged using the 3 inks. 
I added some glitter to the cupcake as well as to the number '10', which I drew in with a black Sharpie.
As a finishing touch, I thought it would be cute to incorporate a little spider (a digistamp) hanging by its web from the flag :o)

This card also qualifies for the Show Us Your Verve challenge, using 2 of Verve's August releases.





Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH White Daisy, Black
Stamps: Verve's Small Packages; MyGrafico Digistamp
Ink: Rangers Broken China Distressed Ink; CTMH Creme Brulee; SU Lovely Lilac & Only Orange
Other: Verve's Cupcake Frame Die SetCuttlebug; Color Box Chevrons stencil; Versamark; Stampendous Black embossing powder; Sponge; Martha Stewart Onyx & Turquoise glitter; Black Sharpiesilver thread from stash; 3-d foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Tania - awesome job of making a masculine cupcake card!! The colours are just right, but the little spider is the perfect touch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevrons and colour combo! Great Halloween cupcake too :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!